How does TeleCBT work?
- Register. You begin by completing this simple form here. You’ll hear from us within 24 hours of clicking “send” with a time of your first, FREE, 15 minute appointment.
- Create you account. We will send you an email with your appointment time and a link with step-by-step instruction on how to open your TeleCBT account.
- Meet your therapist. As you appointment time nears, login to the TeleCBT app via your computer or mobile device, and follow the instructions. You’ll then be able to join your appointment and meet your therapist. Your therapist will walk you through everything you need to know, and build your therapy plan with you.
TeleCBT is not appropriate for crisis counseling. If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest hospital or emergency room.
Privacy & security
- Minimal personal information is required to use the system (only name and email), and that data is completely private between therapist & client
- Video consultations are end-to-end encrypted and never recorded
- All personal information is deleted when it is no longer necessary to deliver the service, or immediately when a user closes their account
TeleCBT software complies with the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA), the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), and all equivalent personal health information protection legislation in Canada
- TeleCBT’s AWS servers are physically located within Canada
- TeleCBT payments are processed with PCI-compliant Stripe
- TeleCBT’s technologies are regularly audited by a third party to ensure that privacy obligations are always being met
- All TeleCBT therapists are registered by their respective provincial regulatory bodies and must adhere to their privacy and security regulation